Time to Share ~ (First Blog, probably TMI, lol!)
- Unconditional LOVE All we need is Love, Love… Love is ALL we need! HOW DO WE DO THAT?
- Journeys Encouraging You thru the Sweet Spot of Life. Wherever YOU are is the Sweet Spot!
- Practical Living SO MANY helpful hints, tips, opportunities, blessings, stories. OMG! Just wait!
- Born in Houston, Texas Nov 30, 1953. (They called me ‘The Love Child’)
- Parents divorced when I was 6 years old. (I was Daddy’s girl!)
- Two sisters 10 & 9 years older, One 4 years younger. (She knocked me off my pedestal!)
- Average kid; braces, glasses, clueless…
- Mom re-marries as I enter high school.
- First job as a gift wrapper at Weiner’s Dept Store; Worked in the Computer room at Houston Lighting & Power.
- Graduated from Spring Branch Sr High in 1972.
- Lived one year in Moody Towers at University of Houston, for the ‘college’ experience. (I was going to be a preacher’s wife with a picket fence).
- Moved into the Single’s Building at Westgate Apartments at age 19, becoming the Leasing Agent & Social Director. Wow!
- Became a Delta Air Lines ‘Stewardess’ in Sept of 1974. Based in Chicago for one year, lived at 21 E Chestnut, a ‘stew-zoo’.
- Got married in Oct 1975, transferred back to Houston.
- Had a stillborn baby, Sara, Valentine’s Day 1981.
- Three beautiful children in ’83, ’86, ’89. Two sons and a daughter.
- Divorced in 1993.
- Remarried in 1994, adding 3 more children to the mix, and moved to Fort Worth.
- Award winning Flight Attendant, Delta ‘Chairman’s Club in ’04, carried the Olympic Torch for the ’02 Salt Lake City games.
- ONE SPLIT SECOND of transformation from bitterness to JOY early in ’07, due to a weekend at Landmark Education.
- Retired from my ‘perfect’ job in 2008 after 34 years.
- Moved into my dream place, Texas & Pacific Lofts, in 2010.
- Moved into my small sweet house in 2012.
- Divorce final in Jan, 2013.
- Began The CharlaA Show in Sept 2013.
- Ziglar Legacy Certified in Nov 2014.
- Unbelievable Miracles, Blessings, Challenges, Heartaches, did I say MIRACLES? A life-long Spiritual Awakening; one crazy Journey!
- The REST of the Story…..
Besides the wonderful COMFORT BAG discussed earlier, essentials to have on board when you travel:
- A spare outfit
- Spare underwear
- Basic Toiletries
- Wash cloth or towelettes
- Phone charger
- Lip moisturizer
I like to carry a large soft bag that can be stuffed with one more thing. Of course, a rolling carry-on bag that this soft bag can be hung on is a great idea. The checked bag should pull the carry-on bag (both with wheels), with the soft bag slung over the top.
Do you really need a big purse? Have a small purse or fanny pouch that can be stuffed in that soft bag for boarding the plane with the 2 bag limit… purses count as one, no matter the size.
Always try to wear clothing with a pocket. Your ID and ticket and cell phone need to be very handy without having to dig in deep somewhere, then dropped and lost, heaven forbid. Personally, I think ALL clothing should have at least one pocket.
Another MAJOR TIP: Put your name on EVERYTHING! Get address labels and stick on everything you can think of. ESPECIALLY your cell phone. If a Good Samaritan finds it, they can page you much faster right then and there. Even put a sticker on your chargers, so when you leave it plugged in at the hotel…..
Write your name in sweaters, jackets, shawls, pillow, etc….
Put any liquids and creams in plastic bags…. don’t take a chance on leakage. Even electronics. You can never have too many plastic bags.
If you want lock your luggage, be sure it is a TSA accepted lock.
Have identification both inside and outside of your luggage. And be sure to have copies of your passport, driver’s license, etc, in a couple of locations, as well as to leave accessible with someone at home.
Other ideas: Small umbrella, tiny raincoat (disposable?), shower shoes, heating coil and instant coffee, band aids, converters/adapters, alarm clock, extra flat bag (shopping?), hat, passport pouch.
And, it is always a good idea to have a piece of ID, money and credit cards in two or three pocket… spread the wealth, so all is not lost to thieves. You too, guys. It only takes a second to slice the wallet out of your back pocket.
Don’t forget that only a quart size bag of the various liquids and gels 3.4oz or less is allowed through security.
Bon Voyage………. Happy Trails……… Safe Travels……… Enjoy! AND, BE PREPARED!
Be prepared. Take a “COMFORT BAG”:
Imagine that you are in the center seat of 5, can’t see the movie screen, your reading light is burned out, it is freezing, or hot, everyone else is asleep, you are thirsty and you haven’t been able to catch the flight attendants eye in the dark cabin…… your worst nightmare. Be prepared. Other than the inevitable trip to the lav, be prepared.
• Your own small pillow.
• A Pashmina (shawl) for a blanket, doubles as a spare wrap for the trip.
• Ear plugs.
• Eye Mask.
• Personal cup or bottle (Empty thru security).
• Perhaps an iPod, for personal listening.
• Reading light.
• Books/reading material.
• Socks, or booties. >>>See PPS below!
• Paper and pen. >>>See PS below!
• Cough drops or mints.
• Afrin or nose spray in case of blocked ears.
• Tylenol, aspirin, etc. in case of headache.
• Plastic bags in case the barf bag is missing or used ;~}, or for trash, etc.
• Benadryl? In case you can’t sleep?
• Battery powered fan?
• Small packets of Salt to put under your tongue in case of leg cramps.
• Small packets of Pepper to add to Bloody Mary’s.
Create your nest.
It looks like a lot, but not really. Most items are very small. Could be a lifesaver. Remember, flight attendants are not your mother, or nurse.
>>> Gentlemen, ALWAYS have a writing instrument handy. You too ladies. There are forms to fill out, notes to jot, numbers to share, dreams and ideas to capture… BRING A PEN!!! (Small notepad, too.)
>>> NEVER, AND I MEAN NEVER go to the lavatory in your bare feet. NEVER!
>>> Please clean up your seating area prior to deplaning, especially the seat pockets. Bag your trash. Be considerate of others… Somebody has to clean up. Besides, you will find that lost cell phone, pen, ticket, sweater, etc. and save yourself lots of stress.
If you like this post please share!