June 17th by Charla Anderson 0 0
Time to Share ~ (First Blog, probably TMI, lol!)
After years of expecting to & procrastinating from writing, speaking, blogging, sharing, etc… I have now committed to actually do it. At this point in my life (and I know in yours as well) my decades of life experiences are full of stories that may give encouragement, hope, courage, laughter, Joy, and a bit of Wisdom, to name a few benefits of my sharing with you now. Where-oh-where do I begin? I’ve narrowed down my life into three categories in order to create a bit of structure and focus:
- Unconditional LOVE All we need is Love, Love… Love is ALL we need! HOW DO WE DO THAT?
- Journeys Encouraging You thru the Sweet Spot of Life. Wherever YOU are is the Sweet Spot!
- Practical Living SO MANY helpful hints, tips, opportunities, blessings, stories. OMG! Just wait!
Since I am just beginning, I WELCOME your comments, thoughts, ideas, and most of all, your encouragement & support. That requires some engagement on your part. It will be fun to learn about YOU and your responses to these musings. My intention is to be there with you and for you as we journey through these unsteady times together, and Awaken to new ideas and possibilities for our lives, and for our world.
A very brief history of Charla, and how my experiences of life may serve you, interest you, inspire you:
- Born in Houston, Texas Nov 30, 1953. (They called me ‘The Love Child’)
- Parents divorced when I was 6 years old. (I was Daddy’s girl!)
- Two sisters 10 & 9 years older, One 4 years younger. (She knocked me off my pedestal!)
- Average kid; braces, glasses, clueless…
- Mom re-marries as I enter high school.
- First job as a gift wrapper at Weiner’s Dept Store; Worked in the Computer room at Houston Lighting & Power.
- Graduated from Spring Branch Sr High in 1972.
- Lived one year in Moody Towers at University of Houston, for the ‘college’ experience. (I was going to be a preacher’s wife with a picket fence).
- Moved into the Single’s Building at Westgate Apartments at age 19, becoming the Leasing Agent & Social Director. Wow!
- Became a Delta Air Lines ‘Stewardess’ in Sept of 1974. Based in Chicago for one year, lived at 21 E Chestnut, a ‘stew-zoo’.
- Got married in Oct 1975, transferred back to Houston.
- Had a stillborn baby, Sara, Valentine’s Day 1981.
- Three beautiful children in ’83, ’86, ’89. Two sons and a daughter.
- Divorced in 1993.
- Remarried in 1994, adding 3 more children to the mix, and moved to Fort Worth.
- Award winning Flight Attendant, Delta ‘Chairman’s Club in ’04, carried the Olympic Torch for the ’02 Salt Lake City games.
- ONE SPLIT SECOND of transformation from bitterness to JOY early in ’07, due to a weekend at Landmark Education.
- Retired from my ‘perfect’ job in 2008 after 34 years.
- Moved into my dream place, Texas & Pacific Lofts, in 2010.
- Moved into my small sweet house in 2012.
- Divorce final in Jan, 2013.
- Began The CharlaA Show in Sept 2013.
- Ziglar Legacy Certified in Nov 2014.
- Unbelievable Miracles, Blessings, Challenges, Heartaches, did I say MIRACLES? A life-long Spiritual Awakening; one crazy Journey!
- The REST of the Story…..
That list is really more for me than for you. It gives me a starting point to work from. Where do I begin? The JOURNEY, the PEOPLE, the PLACES, the EXPERIENCES! Oh, my! Oh, my Goodness! Hang on! And PLEASE let me hear from YOU…..